These are a snap to bake, cut, and wrap the day before your next beach trip. Refrigerate overnight and they’ll travel well.
Yield: 9 large or 12 medium bars
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup smooth natural peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease an 8x8- or 9x9-inch pan. Cream the butter, brown sugar, and peanut butter until smooth. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture along with peanuts and chocolate chips. Stir until smooth. Scrape batter into pan and smooth with a fork. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes; the smaller pan will take longer. Cool thoroughly in the pan on a rack before slicing.