Yield: Serves 12 to 14
- 1/2 cup butter (or margarine)
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or lemon extract, or both
- 2 cups pastry or cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda (1 teaspoon if using sour milk)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk, sweet or sour
InstructionsPreheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter, then gradually add sugar. Add eggs and beat thoroughly. Add mashed banana and flavoring.
Sift dry ingredients together in a separate bowl and add to banana mixture alternately with milk.
Pour into loaf pan and bake for 50 to 60 minutes, testing for doneness.