award winning chili
This chili tastes guormet good. Somewhere, there’s a picture of me with a serapi and mexican hat (second place) winner in a cookoff.
Yield: 6qt crockpot full
- 2 to 3 lbs ground meat, sausage, turkey, venison or beef
- 1 1/2 large sweet pepper chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- heaping spoonfull chopped or minced garlic
- 1 tspn oregano
- 1tspn parsley
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 tblspn chili powder
- 1tspn cumin
- 1/2 tspn black pepper
- 1 tspn taco seasoning
- 1 tspn fajita seasoning
- 1 tspn nature seasoning
- 2 6oz cans tomatoe paste
- 1 20 oz can whole tomatoes
- 1 heaping spoonfull each;
- chicken n beef soup base (tones)
- 4 15 oz cans kidney beans (i use 2 cans light red kidney beans, 2 cans dark red kidney beans)
- quart or so, water
Instructionsbrown ground meat using a little water, adding nature seasonings, and black pepper. when mostly finished drain off fat. add water, onions, sweet peppers, garlic, oregano,bay leaves,chili powder,cumin,chicke n beef bases,taco and fajita seasonings. make sure browned peices of meat are not too large while cooking. add tomatoe paste, 20 oz can whole tomatoes squishing them while adding to pot. stir and cook for 10 minutes. add beans, let simmer hour or so, the longer the better for flavors to mingle. stirring occasionally........WATCH THE POT, IT WILL BURN!
here's the kickers, 16 OZ BLACK COFFEE! TBLSPN CINNAMON! TSPN NUTMEG! 2 OZ CHOCOLATE!