Asiago Sun-Dried Tomato Bread
- 1 1/4 cups (10 ounces) water
- 2 tablespoons (7/8 ounce) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons Baker's Special Dry Milk or instant powdered milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups (13 ounces) King Arthur Unbleached Special Bread Flour
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 ounce) chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated Asiago cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
InstructionsPlace all of the ingredients into the pan of your bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Program the machine for the Basic setting, light crust, and press Start.
Check the dough's consistency about 7 minutes after the kneading cycle begins, adding additional water or flour to form a soft, smooth ball of dough. Allow the machine to complete its cycle. Cool the bread completely before serving. Yield: 1 loaf.