Arugula and Watercress Salad with Orange-Poppy Seed Dressing
This salad of arugula and watercress, dressed with a light orange-poppy seed dressing, makes the perfect nest for the individual carved racks of lamb. This dressing would also be terrific tossed with a light luncheon salad of grilled shrimp, scallops, and baby greens.
Yield: 8 servings
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1-1/4 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup light olive oil
- 1 bunch arugula, washed and lower stems removed (about 1-1/2 packed cups)
- 1 bunch watercress, washed, with lower stems removed (about 3 packed cups)
InstructionsTo make the dressing: In a bowl, whisk together honey, grated orange zest, orange juice, poppy seeds, vinegar, and salt. Gradually whisk in olive oil. Toss watercress and arugula in a large bowl. Before serving, add just enough dressing to coat greens; toss to mix well.
To serve: Place a nest of greens on each individual dinner plate. Top with carved lamb rack.