Apple Crepes a la Mode
Yield: Serves 6.
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 cups chopped apples
- 1/3 cup chopped raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 6 crepes, room temperature
- vanilla ice cream, enough for 6 servings
- 6 mint leaves
- 6 wedges cantaloupe or other melon
- blueberries or strawberries
InstructionsIn a large skillet, melt the butter and saute the apples, raisins, and nuts for 5 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Stir in the brown sugar and the cinnamon. Saute for 2 more minutes. Remove from the heat and spoon 1/6 of the mixture onto each of 6 crepes. Fold the crepes over, tuck in the ends, and place seam side down on serving plates.
Work quickly so that the mixture doesn't soak through the crepes before they have been turned over. Garnish each with a scoop of ice cream and a mint leaf. An additional garnish of a melon wedge with blueberries or strawberries helps to hold the ice cream in place.