apple bread pudding-crock pot
- Apple Bread Pudding-Crock Pot
- 8 to 9 slices of your favorite bread
- 4 Tbs butter
- 3 apples, preferably Golden Delicious
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 Tbs grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup honey (optional)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, optional
InstructionsSpread bread with butter & toast both sides under a Broiler.
Cut bread into chunks.
Place all ingredients in the slow cooker except walnuts.
The amount of honey should be determined by tartness of apples.
Set slow cooker on low and allow to cook for 5 to 6 hours.
If possible, gently stir halfway through cooking process.
Stir in toasted walnuts just before serving.