White Bean & Walnut Dip
Similar to hummus, this party favorite gets a flavor boost from toasted walnuts and aromatic rosemary.
Total Time: 15
Yield: 15 servings
- 1 medium-size baguette, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 cans Great Northern or cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup whole walnuts, lightly toasted
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 medium-size red onion
- 2-1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 rosemary sprigs, leaves reserved, stems discarded
- Kosher or sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 whole rosemary sprig
- Walnut pieces
InstructionsHeat oven to 350°. Arrange baguette slices on a cookie sheet and toast in the oven until lightly browned, about 7 minutes.
In the bowl of a food processor, combine beans, walnuts, olive oil, onion, lemon juice, and rosemary leaves; puree until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Spoon dip into a serving bowl and arrange toasted baguette slices on a platter around it. Garnish with rosemary and walnuts.